Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Begin Again


heart man
soul woman
endless awakenings
resurrected hopes
death becomes the boundary
and suppression the only way
to keep him from coming

or so you try
the strength of my wonderings
through parched lands
water waits beneath the surface
selfless union of
body and soul
I miss you

fragrant curiosities of night
languid motion of wild eyes
as sun from east to west
the star’s inability to pierce
atmospheric, resonant light
time alone will tell
the eternities you have taken

hunger for warmth
though he burns me
neglectful care, invisible
thoughtful joining
of bodies and of lives
begins again with
with the elemental motions

of your arm
thumb across my lips
quench the scorched
begin again my love
man was not made
for solitude


This is Day 3 of #NaPoWriMo and I'm submitting this poem for Open Link Night at DVerse Poet's Pub