Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Like the Tide


Long and plain
in our
extraordinary
simplicity.
Slipping gently
into my thought,
beneath the sinews
that bind
day to night
and me to you.
Your words live
in my veins now.
Skin dissolved
as membrane.
Union of souls,
body, mind,
emotive, passionate.
Draw back with me
like the tide.
Fold yourself
into the petals
of my embrace.
Settle into the
cradle of my rib cage;
the bend of my knee,
the connective things
that enclose
man into woman
dark and deep
into the secrets
lovers keep.
We speak a language born
of fire
and of earth
of nights
we lost words
in our surrendering
to the unknown god
of my idolatry. You
have become
the definition of man.
And me, I became
a refuge of woman
bedded and curled
at the whisper
of your name.



Linking up tonight with dVerse for Open Link Night. Won't you join us?